Thursday 8 November 2012

SELF PORTRAIT


One said  that,  ''EVERY PORTRAIT THAT IS PAINTED WITH FEELING IS A PORTRAIT  OF THE ARTIST, NOT THE SITTER''



First of all I have never heard of Contextual Studies before and it is my first time getting to know all about this subject. And i like to give thanks to Mr Charles for actually giving me the opportunity to learn more about this subject! ;D   *excited*


I have done a few research about SELF - PORTRAIT. & I must say, many artists have inspired me. Their talent of them abstracting the details of these paintings, have driven me that these artists have so much confident and feelings! 




 Here are some research that i have done for this assignment  : 




THE, PABLO PICASSO 




MARC CHAGALL 



Self portrait of MAO MARILYN



Russian artist - Zinaida Yevgenyevna Serebriakova 





Salvador Dali



Judith Supine 

Im amaze of how they tried different elements  and materials in making their own final piece of art work.  As you can see, each paintings have different emotions and creativity. Some people might tell me its a weird painting. But i say, this paintings have a story behind it. 

These are few other research that i came through and i find it interesting and unique as well! :)








My all time favourite, butterflies. 



I must say, during my research, these paintings actually somehow relates to my personality. Each painting have their own characteristics and details. These artists have their own ways of expressing their thoughts, imagination and feelings and no doubt, i am impress. 


PS : Will update very soon about my final self portrait and another self portrait that i have done in class which is more to mother nature. So, till next time! 


Sincerely, Jessica :)

No comments:

Post a Comment